Avoid Serious Oral Health Issues With Preventive Care
At Cedarbrae Dental in Scarborough, we know that preventive dental care is essential for maintaining good oral (and overall!) health in the short and long term, as it not only helps patients avoid dental issues, but helps our team quickly treat any problems that may arise.
What are the benefits of preventive dental care?
In addition to the fact that regular preventive care can help patients avoid cavities, gum disease, tooth loss, oral cancer, and more, it also benefits overall health. Multiple studies confirm that good oral health can help reduce the risk for several systemic issues, including heart disease, stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, cancers, and more, while poor oral health can exacerbate these conditions and diseases.
What types of preventive services do we offer?
- Dental cleanings: Regular cleanings by our hygienist will remove plaque buildup that can lead to gum disease, tooth decay, and other issues.
- Checkups & X-rays: Our dentist will examine your mouth for signs of decay, gum disease, and more while providing personalized advice to help you prioritize and protect your oral health.
- Fluoride treatments: This quick, easy, and painless treatment strengthens enamel while helping to prevent cavities from developing.
- Dental sealants: A thin, plastic coating that’s applied to the chewing surface of molars and premolars, sealants help protect teeth from decay.
- Oral cancer checks: We’ll conduct a thorough examination of your mouth, throat, and neck to ensure that there aren’t any concerning symptoms present.
Do you have questions about preventive dentistry or are you interested in learning more about how you can further protect your smile? Contact us today!
Contact Cedarbrae Dental About Preventive Care Today
- Learn how to protect & strengthen your smile for life
- Develop a trusting relationship with our team
- Lower your risk for cavities and gum disease
- Detect oral health issues in their earliest stages
- Prioritize your smile!